The 8th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region was organised in Berlin on 13-14 June 2017 by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany. The theme of the Forum, connectivity, was elaborated in many presentations from e.g. peace building, telecommunications networks, cross border cooperation and transportation point of views.
Marjukka Porvari, Seppo Knuuttila and Anna Saarentaus presented project NutriTrade and the Nutribute platform at the Annual Forum. The presentation title was “Harnessing the digital revolution for the protection of the Baltic Sea” and it dealt with opportunities for new types of Baltic Sea cooperation opened up by digitalisation. The team presented three case studies where new digital technologies contribute towards a clean Baltic Sea, namely
- Nutrient footprint calculator that helps us understand better the way we interact with our environment
- Splash – Baltic Sea Eutrophication Game that communicates a complex topic to schoolkids with the help of gamification techniques
- Nutribute platform that boosts cooperation and facilitates the meeting of Baltic Sea savers
Check also the sessions on
- Latest status of the sea revealed – what can we do about it together?
- Connecting the blue-green economy throughout the BSR
- The Baltic Sea Needs Smart Water Sector – Capacity Building and Cross-border Cooperation for Successful Technology Transfer
The organisers will upload the presentations in due course.